Friday, July 13, 2012

Shot Unaware


My heart hurts,
It hurts to the core,
Its like my soul has been ripped out,
And I can't take it any more.

You caught me by surprise,
Oh yes you did,
It was like an unexpected bullet to the heart,
shocked as the wound started to bleed.

All the good times we had,
And all the plans that we made,
Sounded so perfect and true,
But not away they start fade.

No words can describe the torment;
Something my mind can't even comprehend.
We had a good thing going,
Why did it have to end?

Now I'm left to dry,
As my hope for us you destroyed,
And in my clouded mind,
The dreams I had for us is void.

It'll take time to heal,
And it'll take a lot of tears,
But if it's what you have to do,
Then let me not be one of your fears.

I don't hate you,
And I don't blame you.
It's not me being understanding,
It's just that I can't even if I wanted to.

So, here's me forgiving you;
A pretty hard thing to do.
We can still be friends?
At least we have some memories to fall back to.


(Jeyna LSC © 12 July, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment