Sunday, July 22, 2012

Now I know why...

... writers go away, all by themselves, in a secluded place, just to write.

Personally, I'm planning to write my second novel in the beginning of next year.

I have the gist of the story laid out and I'm planning to build it up more, but I'll probably only do it at the end of the year, as I need to focus on my final semester.

I'm also planning to get away for a couple of weeks, or a month maybe, to somewhere not here.

Why? Because I need a different scenery and some time to get away from the same routine everyday. It's not that I do not like home, but the mundane routine I'm doing everyday kind of kills off any inspiration.

Hence, I think if I take a short trip just to focus on writing my first draft, I would be able to write better and more efficiently.

So, where am I planning to go? Well, that I do not know. I'll just be saving up money and when I have finally decided, I'll see if I have enough. Maybe... somewhere by the sea? Or somewhere comfortable outside the city?

I hope to be able to complete my 1st draft in that time alone so that I don't have to worry about having an incomplete story when I start working. And when I have finally earned enough, I will self publish again, or, find a publisher, but those are just plans that could change. For now, I'm just focusing on a trip.

If you have any suggestions on places to go, cheap and comfortable, possibly in Malaysia itself, do let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment