Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nerves.

Hello,

This blog is barely read I presume. The only reason I'm getting traffic these days is because I look like a Mulan someone drew. HAHA!

Anyway, today, I just wanna say, that, (notice the scattered amount of commas? Yea, I'm thinking.), I feel unprofessional every time someone, tells me, that I have grammatical errors in my writing. And when this happens too often, I tend to wonder what will happen if they read my book, will they look for errors there too? Cause I'm sure there isn't. But if people actually STARE will they find any?

Everyone makes mistakes. I bet Rowling, Tolkien, Stine, Collins, and all those best selling authors make mistakes too. No way Hosea, can someone actually write a one time flawless work, and even if they have gone through it a million times, I bet there is still an error somewhere. That's why proofreaders exists, BUT you have to pay for their professionalism.

So why do I feel so horrid every time I'm told I have an error?

That's why I try so hard, on every post, to make sure there isn't any. Frankly, I don't like being told I have errors, because when I am, people can read them, and then people would think, "She's so unprofessional, I'm not going to read anything else she writes." Does that scenario actually make sense?

I don't know.

Maybe it's the nerves. First book coming out in December and I'm worried of what people think. Why do I keep thinking its a make it or break it situation when I can always keep trying? I don't know.

Blame it on the nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment