Sunday, September 23, 2012

My 1st attempt...

... at approaching a publishing house.

It took me some time to think on whether to submit my self publish book to them for reviewing, but I did it anyways.

Why did I have to think twice? Maybe cause I'm a skeptic. Skeptic of e-books.

Call me old school but I do not like e-books. I'm a big fan of paperbacks. I like the smell of new and old books, and I find it easier to read on a page instead of on a screen. Hence, I always have this picture in mind where I would find my book on a bookshelf. But hey, that can't happen over night right? Everyone has to start out somewhere. I would be so blessed if they would even consider publishing me.

I heard about Crooked Cat Publishing on another writer's blog. She got published  by them and she highly recommended them. They do e-books and Print on demand. And... they have such an awesome name too! Considering I love cats :)

According to their website, it takes about 8 to 12 weeks for them to get back to me. So till then, I'll just have to live by faith.

And if I don't get published, it won't be the end of the world. Many authors get turned down over and over again before they gain success, so it is normal to get rejected. Besides, I was rejected by the local book distributors, so I've had my first rejection already. I would handle the rest better. 

At the end of the day, if it is meant to be, it is meant to be. If not, God always has something better in mind :)

2 comments:

  1. I personally read more ebooks than paper books. Also, due to the reduced priced, I'm much more likely to take a chance on new and unknown authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, it is cheaper and good for new authors if they want to be read.

      Delete