Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Falling In Love Again


I was rereading my second novel and spotting for mistakes when I began to fall in love with my characters again.

It has been 7 months since I completed my novel, and it felt as though I was seeing an old friend after a very long time. Memories of their personalities and how I created them just made the ‘love’ grow stronger.

Even though I know how the story goes, reading along was like entering a new magical world, or at least one that I have not been to for a long time. Simply put, it’s like rereading Harry Potter.

I’m not saying it is as good as Harry Potter, I’m saying that a writer’s connection with their characters is like a mother and her child. The fact that I know them so well, while following their story, is like seeing a child grow up. Oh, how I miss them already!

Now that my first run through is done, I find myself itching to release my second novel. I just can’t for my readers to read it! I want them to connect with my characters the way I do, and explore this world I’ve manage to create.

I know that the subsequent edits would not be as enjoyable as my last one, as I would soon find the repetition rather boring, but at least I know my characters are living and breathing… inside of me.

My hope is for my readers to get to know them sometime next year. By then, they should be ready to enter our reality to entertain and inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment