Friday, October 11, 2013

Master Of Death


Awhile back, I won a bid for a Deathly Hallows necklace at the price of a theme park can of Coke. That’s cheaper than a plate of chicken rice!

Anyways, I’ve been wearing this Deathly Hallows necklace quite frequently. And to me, it’s actually not the Deathly Hallows, but it’s the master of death.

When I think of the master of death, the first person that comes to mind is Jesus. He died, remember? Then he came back to life.

You see, instead of wearing a cross, which symbolizes Christ’s torturous death, I’ve decided to wear the Deathly Hallows because it symbolizes Christ’s victory over death.


On top of that, I have also found a connection between the three Deathly Hallows and God.

What are they, you ask? Well, read on!

#1 Invisibility Cloak = Protection
The cloak has kept Harry protected, hidden, and has allowed him to slip from danger. Similarly, the cloak is like God’s wings, where we can be protected, hidden, and kept away from danger.

#2 Elder Wand = Power
This wand was made to be the most powerful wand ever known. Everybody wanted it, yet nobody could handle all the power it contained. Just like God’s power, it is too strong for humans to handle and we are never able to fully grasp it.

#3 Resurrection Stone = Purpose
The stone’s sole purpose is to bring the dead back to life. It is straightforward and not questionable. When you think about it, Jesus’ dying and rising was the purpose of God. And us being children of God, we too have a purpose in God. We all have a destiny, a single road to follow, and we are made for a reason.

So you see, the Deathly Hallows hanging around my neck not only reminds me of the victory of Christ, but it reminds me that I’m protected by God, God is powerful, and I have a purpose in God.

Despite some people saying Harry Potter is evil, I believe that I’ve learned a lot from it and God has a way of showing himself through this fictional story. Only those who live in the religiosity of things will find it hard to discover God in the things around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment