Sunday, November 10, 2013

A big life in God > A big life on earth

It's o.k to have a small life on earth if your life in God is big. That was a personal discovery I made today.

I've always wanted a big life. One that inspires millions and changes lives, and there is nothing wrong with that. But sometimes, I get so caught up in the idea that I do not realize how it affects the way I look at my life now. There is nothing wrong with my life now, in fact it's pretty good, but me constantly wishing life would shoot into the sky and explode like firework makes me unhappy. I find myself asking God when will my life get bigger and why am I not getting anywhere. Even though I know there's a perfect timing for everything, I rush, I worry, I question, and I'm unsatisfied.

But today, I realized how wrong I was to feel that way.

You see, my life is small now but it is bigger in God. God has been good and I've had him by my side in terms of my job and my dreams. We're working together to write stories that touches lives... even though it's only a few thousand.

I shouldn't be complaining. 

A big life in God is trusting he knows what's best. If it is not in his plans for me to be 'big' then I should be alright with it. Following God's plan means living a great life on earth, after all, earth is only temporary. If my life becomes 'big', great! But if it doesn't, it's no big deal. 

I want to live a bigger life in God, and that should be my priority. Life is easier with him around, and much more fun. It will be a challenge at first, but I am determined to live BIG.. and that is BIG in God!

No comments:

Post a Comment