Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chronic Worrier or Conscience Worrier?

This quote just rendered me speechless.
I don't think I'm a chronic worrier because I don't imagine things to go badly all the time, but I am a worrier when it comes to my guilty conscience.

When I make mistakes, small or big, I always think of the worst thing that can happen to me. Even though nothing has happened yet, I have the tendency to let my imaginations run wild and get all worked up over what may or may not happen. This kind of worry can follow me to the bed and end up giving me nightmares... to that extent, I know I have a problem.

I'm not saying worrying is a problem, rather my habit of over dwelling in the uncertainty of situations causes me to lose focus. Of course worrying is not a good thing, but everyone worries because it's humanly to do so. But worry shouldn't be mentally crippling, and my kind of worries can become mentally crippling.

So how do I deal with it? 

I google. I google for solutions on how to stop worrying... which I immediately realize is not something I should be doing. 

Instead of hoping the internet would give me peace, a voice inside of me told me to turn to God. After all, I told God about the situations and He knows I regret making bad decisions. I don't know if God will step in and help me out, but I know God knows. So why am I looking for answers online when God knows everything and has the power to 'save' me from my mistakes?

Faith has been my spiritual gift especially when it comes to my future, but I now know that faith goes beyond that. It tackles the little or not so little humanly problems too. I should practice my faith and trust God is in control. If He thinks I should own up to my mistake, then I should. If He wants to bail me out, then I should thank Him. 

So to stop worrying, I will let God be the judge of me and trust He only does things to make me a better person.

That being said, I'm not a horrid person. I make mistakes like everyone else. So no, I'm not burying people in my backyard... I don't even have a backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment