It's not as dense as the Japan one, since Tasmania is pretty laid back. We plan on chilling and going with the flow for the 10-ish days. Should you wish to do the same, the itinerary would suit you too :)
Day 1 – Monday & Tuesday
Monday - KL to Melbourne: 10:30pm – 8:30am
Tuesday - Melbourne to Hobart: 2:45pm – 3:45pm
Day 2 – Wednesday
- Tasman National Park
Address: C344, Eaglehawk Neck
*1 hour 10 minute drive from Hobart.
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (Opening hours: 10am to 4pm)
Address: Dunn Place, Hobart
- Maritime Museum of Tasmania (Opening hours: 9am to 5pm)
Address: Corner Davey & Argyle Streets | Carnegie Building, Hobart.
Day 3 – Thursday
- Port Arthur (Opening hours: 9am to 8pm)
Address: Port Arthur Historic Site, Arthur Highway, Port Arthur
*1 hour 30 minute drive from Hobart.
Day 4 – Friday
- Mount Wellington Cycling Descent (10am tour)
Meet up address: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre
- Mount Wellington Bushwalking
Address: Pinnacle Rd, Wellington Park.
Day 5 – Saturday
- Salamanca Market (Opening hours: 8am to 3pm)
Address: Salamanca Place, Hobart.
- Battery Point
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Garden (Opening hours: 8am to 6.30pm)
Address: Queens Domain, Hobart.
HOBART to SCAMANDER
Day 6 – Sunday
Drive from Hobart to Scamander via Coastal Road.
- Coles Bay Wineglass Lookout
Address: Freycinet National Park - entrance and visitor reception are after Coles Bay township.
*2 hours 15 minutes drive from Hobart via Coastal Road.
- Eureka Farm (Opening hours: 8:30am to 5pm)
Address: 89 Upper Scamander Rd, Scamander.
*1 hour 40 minutes drive from Coles Bay.
SCAMANDER to CRADLE MOUNTAIN
Day 7 – Monday
- Bay of Fire and Binalong Bay
Address: 10 kilometres north of St Helens.
*15 minutes drive from Scamander.
- Pyengana Dairy Company (Opening hours: 9am to 5pm)
Address: St Columbafalls Rd, Pyengana
*50 minutes drive from Binalong Bay
- Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm Cafe (Opening hours: 7am to 5pm)
Address: 9 christmas Hills Rd, Elizabeth Town
*2 hour 30 minute drive from Pyengana
**1 hour 20 minute drive to Cradle Mountain from Elizabeth Town
Day 8 – Tuesday
- Dove Lake (2-hour circuit)
- And 3 other shorter trails
Address: St. Clair National Park.
CRADLE MOUNTAIN TO LAUNCESTON
Day 9 – Wednesday
Cradle Mountain to Launceston
*1 hour 40 minute drive to Burnie.
- Maker’s Workshop (Opening hours: 9am to 5pm)
Address: 2 Bass Highway, Parklands.
- Fern Glade Reserve
*1 hour 40 minute drive from Burnie to Launceston
Day 10 – Thursday
- Cataract Gorge (Opening hours: 8am to 8pm)
Address: Main car park at the First Basin.
- Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery (Opening hours: 10am to 4pm)
Art Gallery Address: Two Wellington Street, near Royal Park.
Museum Address: Two Invermay Road at Inveresk
Day 11 – Friday & Saturday
- City Park
Address: Cimitiere Street & Tamar Street
Friday - Launceston to Melbourne: 6:15pm – 7:15pm
Saturday - Melbourne to KL: 12:45am – 7am
Check out my other posts on Tasmania: