Tuesday, February 14, 2012

God Knows...


If you haven't known by now, I'm a christian. I was born in a Christian family, but I personally accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior at around the age of 8.

They say growing up in a Christian family has its pros and cons. I personally experienced more pros, due to the fact that I've known who God is all my life and that everyday, I learn more and more about him.

I may not have experienced the miraculous turn around in which most Christians do because I grew up with God as a member of my family, but I have experienced him so much more in different ways.

Yes, to be completely honest, I sometimes grow tired of pitching up for church meetings, and sometimes choose not to be involve in church so much (but I still serve in ministries even though I get the lazy dread-like feeling, which comes and goes in different seasons of my life), but my personal relationship with God is like an old friend and a loving father, who has watched me grow up and has been teaching me ever since I was born.

It's a different kind of relationship. Compare a friend you grew up with and a friend you've just known when in high school, or in university, its different isn't it?

I'm not saying that if you're not born in a Christian family, God treats you differently, no. Everyone has a different relationship with God, and mine just feels like the childhood friend.

And having God as a childhood friend is like having a new revelation in every situation.

Yesterday I learnt that God knows how it's like being rejected and today I learnt that God knows what I want, and believe it or not, He paves the way of giving me what I want if it honors him. God loves me so much that He would do that for me!

No one can ever, or will ever, love me as much as God does. I'm so glad I have him in my life, and for all these years, he has been nothing but a blessing.

So for February 14, 2012, I would like God to be my Valentine. I may not love Him as much as He loves me, but He knows where I am.

God, thank you for being my best friend, the shoulder to cry on, my loving father and the most amazing teacher and guide in my life. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment