Friday, September 6, 2013

What’s The Secret To A Successful Blog?


First, define what you mean by success. If it means getting a lot of subscribers then my answer would be, ‘put yourself out there’.

Unlike my professional writer’s blog, this blog only has one subscriber (a friend, whom I think does not read this anymore) and a fair amount of page views. That's because I did not put myself out there. Nevertheless, this blog is a success in its own way.

Being that my writer's blog has been growing, I have been asked a couple of times on how I managed to do so. And in all those times I give the same advice. This is something that works for me, so it should work for you too… I think.

As a writer and blogger, I put myself out there in two ways:

#1 I visit other blogs, read their content, and leave a little comment. I also try to leave positive feedbacks and encouraging words.

Now I don’t just visit one blog a day, I visit quite a number of them. It takes time and effort, but if you want people to visit your blog, you have to visit theirs first.

#2 I write. I get over the fear of being plagiarized and I put my works out there for people to read.

I previously wrote a lot of fan fictions on my blog, but I soon transitioned to more originals. That itself was another step of  ‘putting myself out there’.  Hopefully, my work would speak for itself and people would subscribe for more.

See, it’s very simple!

Just take the first step in shaking someone’s hand, then bring up a very interesting topic. This is something we do daily and it can be done in the blogosphere as well. Just give it a go and all the best :)

1 comment:

  1. Count me as your second subscriber! If you count in ones, then you will succeed.
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete