Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I'm Back!

It sucks to be back. I wouldn't say my trip was fantastic, but being in another land was an escape from the daily routine of life. Getting back to that routine will definitely take some time, as I’m still in a holiday mood.

Anyway, I don’t want to write a long post about my Korea trip, so I’ll sum it up in a ‘few’ points.

Picture was taken at the Culture Experience 
Center in Incheon Airport near gate 122.
Security check takes 30-40 minutes, so 
be sure to line up early if you want to have extra 
time to take pictures in traditional clothing.
We almost did not get the chance because
we did not know how tight the security was.
- Jeju day 1 was packed with visiting beaches, mountains and cave… alongside nausea, cause our taxi tour guide was not a great driver.

- I love the Nanta Show. My brother got called up to the stage. The blue chef is my favourite :)

- Jeju day 2 was raining. Did way less in comparison with day 1, but still nauseating because of bad driving.

- Bought chocolates from Jeju and taxi tour guide gave us each a teddy bear after visiting the Teddy Bear Museum, which is a waste of time by the way.

- Seoul day 1 was o.k. We walked from our hotel near Hoehyeon station all the way to Cheonggyecheon stream and back. We literally explored by foot.

- Seoul day 2 had more activities; we took a few subway rides but we walked the rest of the time. We went to N Seoul Tower at night, which was… meh.

- Food was bad for the first few meals. Then we found better places to eat and McD. It’s safe to say, we don’t really like Korean food. Street food was nice though, but food in general was just very expensive and not tasty on our palates, with the exception of some.

- We tried soju and Hite. Then we mixed them and had Somaek. I think the soju we bought was not ‘real’ soju, cause there was barely any alcohol content in it. We also tasted Ddeokbokki snack, Real Brownie, and seaweed.

- Overall, we spent about RM2, 600 for the entire trip (incl. airfare). Most money spent on food.

Conclusion, I’m going to go to a country where I have a spending power next year. Hmm, Macau or Taiwan maybe? We’ll see.


Check out my other posts on South Korea:

No comments:

Post a Comment