Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Unwrapped Gift

Who gets a gift and chooses not to unwrap it?

Worse still, who gets a gift, which is useful and one of a kind, but chooses not to use it?

I've known people who have talents in different areas, but instead of honing their giftings, they choose to do something else.

Personally, that is such a waste. 

I would love to be able to draw, paint, sing and compose music, but I don't have talent in those areas. And when I see people who do, I admire their talent. 

Unfortunately, I've also seen people who have those talents, but decides that they aren't important, and those gifts can be pushed aside. 

It kinda irks me to see something so good just left to collect dust.

But who am I to tell them that they should pay more attention to that special gift? It is not my life after all. 

I just can't help but feel that the lack of attention towards something so unique and special is just a waste!

So, if you are reading this and you can draw, paint, sing, compose music, write or do anything else that makes you unique among the people you know, please please don't let your talent go to waste. 

God gave you a gift, use it to its fullest potential. You never know what greater things your talent can give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment