Saturday, November 29, 2014

Fictional Crush, Normal or Abnormal?

Is it normal... to have a crush on a fictional character?

I have had a crush on Draco Malfoy when I was in high school, but that was supported with the imagery of Tom Felton taking on that character role. Tom Felton is hot, therefore Draco Malfoy is hot too. So it's understandable.

But how about characters that are not even portrayed by an actor? To be precise... characters that are drawn? To be right on the dot... the manga character Levi Ackerman?

Too many ellipses going on. Oh boy...

I've recently gotten into the Attack on Titan fandom, and have been gushing over the anime and manga for days. Reading the manga, I discovered the allure of Captain Levi and became one of the many fangirls that would immediately pick him as their favourite character when asked. So here I am... having a fictional crush. 

Personally, I don't think it's normal. I googled his height for crying out loud! That's... not normal. He's short though, a few centimeters shorter than me in fact. I prefer taller men, but why should my preference even be stated here when Levi is fictional? Who cares about his height or age? What matters is his badass-ness, six packs, and brooding character, right? 

Gosh, if he was real, a lot of girls would be fighting over him. Would I be one of them? Erm.. his height would make me say 'no'. But he's fictional.. so yes? What am I saying?

Too many question marks. This is going no where...

Just tell me I'm not alone here, tell me I'm normal because it doesn't feel human to be this way. What 'way' is that? Whatever way you take out from this post. I'm done.

*Come to think about it, I did have a fictional crush after Draco. Prince Zuko anyone? Gosh, he was hot. I'm referring to the animated version of The Last Airbender, not the Shyamalan version. Ah, I wish he was my prince...

No comments:

Post a Comment