Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I spent my Christmas morning...

...lending a hand :)

What better way to give, without having to spend a cent, than through helping where help is needed?


This morning, I did not wake up to gifts under a tree. I did not tear through wrapping paper, or squeal at a new toy. I woke up, and headed to a low cost apartment in my state, where I gave whatever help needed to make someone else's Christmas a little brighter.

I did not do much, as all I did was prep the packages of food, and hand out bread to the children, but even with that little deed, I couldn't help but feel that I spent my Christmas day well.

Over the years, I have outgrown the presents, but I have never outgrown the true spirit of Christmas. This is the season of giving, more than receiving; and if God could give his son, and his son could give his life, I should be able to give whatever I can too.

I'm glad I helped out this morning, because it reminded me of the abundance of love God has given to me, and for me, to share.

I hope you had a great Christmas too, no matter what you did :)

There's a couple more hours till the day ends, and soon enough, the year will follow suit. So, here's me toasting to a fruitful and faithful year ahead! May 2013 be another blessed and grace-filled year.

No comments:

Post a Comment