Friday, November 23, 2012

Is Tumblr a blog?

Without being able to reply or comment on random posts without having to re-blog makes it fall short of a blog. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Wheres the fun at defending your own post when someone decides to ruin it for you, when there's no reply button?

Some people want to get away from criticism when they remove the 'ask' section, making it impossible for one to contact them. Might be they also fear that they have offended too many people by trashing people's posts, instead of having a friendly discussion.

I guess, Tumblr is a place for you to say anything without having to deal with the consequences of saying it. That's why it is such a great place to rant! And put GIFS! And then call that blogging!

I have a Tumblr account btw, but I won't be giving a link. My account is doing what a Tumblr account should be doing; being re-blogged and criticized without a chance to speak against it.

But, those dumb re-blogs from fearful accounts with no 'ask' section should be water under the bridge now.

I'm just not a fan of Tumblr. Fullstop.

I'm only using it to post my thoughts on A Song of Ice and Fire as I read through the series. (Even that, people love re-blogging with negativity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment