Thursday, November 22, 2012

Why I love Owl City


I don't have friends who love Owl City as much as I do, or at least I don't know of any. Most of my friends actually make fun of me for liking Owl City. They don't think its... 'music'? I don't know. They just don't like the stuff Adam Young has made.

Honestly, I think he makes awesome music. I love every song he has ever produced. And unlike other singers or bands that I listen to (Rascal Flatts & Taylor Swift, to name a few), I don't like everything they release in their latest album. I like them, but not everything they have created makes me want more.

Adam Young/ Owl City has been my favorite for a very long time, and he will remain my favorite. If I ever get the chance to meet him, that would be so awesome!

Besides his music, I also think he is a brilliant writer. I once stumbled upon a blog post he wrote where he stringed his words so amazingly, I thought he could write a novel! Of course, one would have noticed his style of writing in his songs by now, and they have the oddest yet most interesting descriptions.

'Blow your backbone to bits'? What a sight! That line was in 'Galaxy'. That song also holds a lot more meaning than mere beats.

I guess it is safe to say Adam Young is a poet. And I admire his quirky way of writing.

Why I love Owl City? Well, who else can write interestingly strange lyrics to piece with his unique music, if not Adam Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment